Tuesday 13 March 2012

Techno-habits, and a British way to protest...

Modern technology is wearing me down, like a budgie pecking and clawing at one of those bird seed cylinders. Some things are undeniably useful [to me], such as my iPod and broadband, however, every high tech item's reputation is left in tatters when it starts performing unnecessary tasks or simply ceases to process what you asked it to. It may be a cliche, but all good things, it seems, do come with downsides. In the case of technology, all good things should come with a huge warning sticker emplying that a desire to tear your own windpipe from your neck is a likely possibility.

Take the very piece of high tech equipment I'm using to type up this blog, a Windows Computer, for example. Computers are one of the most important pieces of modern technology to be invented and I, admittedly, cannot live without one. It has multiple uses, but every now and again (more often than necessary) it will turn on its user and the system will start throwing errors and updates at you like a rioting Tottenham resident on powder, AKA a Tottenham resident.

The crime that stands out most [to me] is 'Windows Updates'. When that message appears in that small, rectangular box in the middle of your screen - 'New Windows updates are installed, your computer will restart in: <enter value> minutes' - it is the second most irritating thing you can experience, close behind a harsh ear infection. What do you mean it will restart in minutes? I never asked for these updates, I don't remember you asking me for my permission to install these updates, what the fuck are you doing to me here? It was working fine before you brought up the issue, you always try to "update" my system when I'm in the middle of something too. It becomes the PC's sole intention to cause distress and make the user's next few minutes a living e-hell.

Is this how Bill Gates thanks people like me who have put money towards his zillion dollar foretress he aimlessly farts about in? If I recieve another one of these vile excuses for a message, I will pay that four-eyed twat a little visit and shove his computer so far up his anal canal that the "Windows" on his nerdy fucking face (his spectacles) start displaying the very same message.

Protesting was, once again, the order of the day yesterday as protesters took to... a Church lawn? To this point, I still have no idea what their mission was or what they were trying to achieve, all I saw were signs saying 'Occupy Dundee' and some tents with some scruffy looking citizens hovering around like terminally ill animals trapped in some sort of enclosure.

Which brings me to my point, when did tents all of a sudden become so popular in the sport of protesting? I first noticed it at the St. Paul's Cathedral protests of not long ago, the line between protesting and camping is not as clear as I once thought. What a cold and calculated plot, camp the government into submission, the nasty rebels. I imagine if there were to be an "uprising" in the UK many people would be at home watching the events unfold before their very eyes before uttering to their partner 'good turn-out at Glastonbury, eh?'

Rant on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not hesitate to share and voice your own opinions by leaving comments, I enjoy reading them whether good or bad.